Webinar Followup: New Features in the HDF5 1.13.0 Release
On Friday, September 24 at 11:00 a.m. CDT, Dana Robinson and Joe Lee of The HDF Group presented a webinar covering the major new features of the HDF5 1.13.0 release. They discussed the pluggable virtual file drivers (VFDs) and changes to the virtual object layer (VOL) and showed how to build and use the async, pass-through, and cache VOL connectors.
List of links–these can also be found in the slide deck.
- VFD plugin RFC https://github.com/HDFGroup/hdf5doc/blob/master/RFCs/HDF5_Library/VFL_DriverPlugins/RFC__A_Plugin_Interface_for_HDF5_Virtual_File_Drivers.pdf
- Support portal page for dynamic plugins of all types https://portal.hdfgroup.org/display/HDF5/Dynamic+Plugins+in+HDF5
- Support portal page for registered plugins https://portal.hdfgroup.org/display/support/Contributions
- VFD page will be created after the feature is merged to develop
- VOL User’s Guide and VOL Connector Author Guide https://portal.hdfgroup.org/display/HDF5/Virtual+Object+Layer
- VOL API Reference Manual https://portal.hdfgroup.org/display/HDF5/Libraries+and+Tools+Reference
- Moving to doxygen: https://docs.hdfgroup.org/hdf5/develop/
- Cache VOL connector: https://github.com/hpc-io/vol-cache
- Async VOL connector: https://github.com/hpc-io/vol-async
- Presentations on these VOLs will occur during the 2021 HDF5 Users Group meeting. More info: https://www.hdfgroup.org/hug/hug21/
Template VOL Connector https://github.com/HDFGroup/vol-template
List of registered VOL Connectors: https://portal.hdfgroup.org/display/support/Registered+VOL+Connectors