Download the Latest Version
HDFView software consists of the HDFView utility and the Java HDF Object Package.
HDFView is a visual tool written in Java for browsing and editing HDF (HDF5 and HDF4) files. Using HDFView, you can:
- View a file hierarchy in a tree structure
- Create new files, add or delete groups and datasets
- View and modify the content of a dataset
- Add, delete and modify attributes
HDFView uses the Java HDF Object Package, which implements HDF4 and HDF5 data objects in an object-oriented form.
New Features and Changes
- HDFView 3.1.1 is a maintenance release that was built with HDF5-1.10.6, HDF 4.2.15, and Open JDK 11.
- With this release, the metadata information for NetCDF (3) files displays properly under the “Get Object Info” tab.
For a list of the new features and changes in this release, please see the Release Notes.
User’s Guides and Documentation
Available at the HDF Support Portal HDFView and Java Object Package Support page.
Pre-built Binary Distributions
Windows ONLY: HDFView was built with VS, and it requires that the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages be installed on your machine. If you cannot access HDF5 files then you do not have these packages. You can obtain the latest supported Microsoft Visual C++ downloads HERE.