Download the Latest Version
HDFView software consists of the HDFView utility and the Java HDF Object Package.
HDFView is a visual tool written in Java for browsing and editing HDF (HDF5 and HDF4) files. Using HDFView, you can:
- View a file hierarchy in a tree structure
- Create new files, add or delete groups and datasets
- View and modify the content of a dataset
- Add, delete and modify attributes
HDFView uses the Java HDF Object Package, which implements HDF4 and HDF5 data objects in an object-oriented form.
User’s Guides and Documentation
Available at the HDF Support Portal HDFView and Java Object Package Support page.
Pre-built Binary Distributions
This release provides two ways to install the HDFView pre-built binary distribution for a platform:
- Using an application image. This method simply requires running the provided executable to obtain the software. The application image is a folder/file image of the HDFView application. The user must setup any shortcuts or file associations.
- Running an installer. The installer uses a system specific program to install the HDFView application on the target system.
Once you have uncompressed the downloaded pre-built binary file, refer to the provided README file for details.
For further details see the section on installing from source on the HDFView and Java Object Package Support page.
Source is also available from the HDFView Source Portal page.