Last Updated September 6, 2016
2. Information Collection, Use and Removal
3. Use of Tracking Technologies. HDF Group and third parties on HDF Group’s behalf use various tracking technologies, including without limitation cookies, web beacons, tokens, device fingerprinting, web analytics and other click stream data, to collect, store, analyze, use and disclose information from and about Users’ devices, Users’ activities on the Site and Users’ activities on the Internet, generally, in order to:
6. Third Party Websites. The Site may contain third party advertising and links to third party websites. HDF Group is not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of these advertisers or websites. Please contact such advertisers or websites directly for more information about their privacy practices. HDF Group expressly disclaims, and each User expressly releases HDF Group from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to third party advertisers and/or the use of links to third party websites that may appear on the Site, including without limitation such websites’ availability, privacy policies, content, advertising, and/or products or other materials.
7. Security. The Site uses reasonable security measures in an attempt to keep User Information secure, including without limitation Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for sensitive User Information such as financial information. However, no data transmitted over or accessible through the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, HDF Group does not represent or warrant that User Information will be completely secure from misappropriation by hackers or from other nefarious or criminal activities, or in the event of a failure of computer hardware, software, or a telecommunications network. Any User Information is provided at User’s own risk. HDF Group expressly disclaims any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to any User Information, including without limitation to any acts by other Users or third parties with respect to such User Information.
8. Information Retention Policy. HDF Group may retain User Information for an indefinite length of time in order to preserve the integrity of the HDF Group databases, among other reasons. User consents to HDF Group’s storage of all such User Information for this indefinite length of time, at HDF Group’s sole discretion. If required by law, as is the case to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), HDF Group will delete User Information by erasing it from HDF Group’s database upon request. HDF Group will also respond to written member requests to nullify User Information that is eligible for nullification in accordance with HDF Group’s then-current policies. However, HDF Group will retain and use User Information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce HDF Group’s Terms of Service or other agreements. Any requests for such nullification will require verification of User’s identity. For nullification of User Information, or if you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact HDF Group at email@example.com.
9. Electronic Communications from HDF Group. By using this Site, Users consent to HDF Group and/or third parties acting on behalf of HDF Group sending to User electronic messages relating to the Site and the business of HDF Group. Users may not opt-out of receiving administrative emails.
10. Public Forums. Any User Information disclosed in public areas of the Site, such as message boards, job boards, blogs, Facebook or Twitter spaces, becomes publicly-available information and Users should exercise caution when deciding to disclose such User Information publicly. HDF Group expressly disclaims, and each User expressly releases HDF Group from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to any User Information, including without limitation to any acts by Users with respect to such User Information.
11. Protection of Children’s Privacy. While users of any age may enjoy the HDF Group Site, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, do not use the HDF Group site without the express consent of supervising adult. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it. Note to parents: If your child is under 13 years of age and has become a HDF Group member using a false age, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can immediately close the account and nullify all personally-identifiable information collected from them. To do so, you will need to provide your full name, address, phone number, e-mail address and child’s User name.
Testimonials. HDF Group posts customer testimonials on the Site which may contain personal information. HDF Group obtains the User’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post User’s name along with User’s testimonial. If User needs to have User Information removed from User’s testimonial, please contact HDF Group at email@example.com. In some cases, HDF Group may not be able to remove User Information, in which case HDF Group will let User know if unable to do so and why.
Surveys. From time-to-time HDF Group may provide Users the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on the Site. If Users participate, certain User Information will be requested. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and Users therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this User Information.