Release of HDFView 3.3.0 (Newsletter #193)
The HDFView 3.3.0 release is now available from the HDFView 3.3.0 download page. This release was built and tested with HDF 4.2.16 and HDF5 1.14.0.
There are a few critical notes:
- Windows ONLY: HDFView built with VS 2015 will require that the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages be installed on your machine. If you cannot access HDF5 files, then you do not have these packages. Download and install the packages to fix this issue.
- This release was built and tested with OpenJDK 19. It uses modules and the newest jpackage for distribution.
This release includes several major enhancements:
- Supports the new references available in HDF5 1.12 releases
- Support for reading a SWMR-created file, using a configurable timer to refresh dataset tables
- Refactor of the attribute object classes to use the same object logic as datasets which allow data objects to display table views using the same logic. This includes editing and reference handling.
- Several major bug fixes, including a fix for crashes on NetCDF-4 grids, support for true variable-length types in Java, and other minor bugs
Please see the full release notes for detailed information regarding this release, including a detailed list of changes. As always, feel free to post on the forum with any questions.
April 10, 2023