Release of HDF5 1.10.10 (Newsletter #192)
The HDF5 1.10.10 release is now available from the HDF5 1.10.10 download page on the HDF Support Portal.
This is a maintenance release with a few changes and updates:
- Brings the
H5Dchunk_iter()API call from 1.14.0, which allows for significantly more efficient iteration over a dataset’s chunks.
- Bug and CVE fixes, including:
- CVE-2021-37501, a CVE related to checking for overflow when calculating on-disk attribute data size
- CVE-2018-17433, CVE-2018-17436, and CVE-2020-10809, which address flaws in the HDF5 GIF tools, which can now be disabled from the build using
HDF5_BUILD_HL_TOOLS=OFF(CMake). The GIF tools are considered deprecated and will eventually be moved to a separate repository.
- A memory corruption issue that can occur when reading from a dataset using a hyperslab selection
- Issues with variable-length attributes, hyperslab selections, and attribute type conversions with compound datatypes
- Finally, we have made additional performance improvements that bring 1.10’s performance in line with 1.8, particularly when working with many datasets.
Please see the full release notes for detailed information regarding this release, including a detailed list of changes.
We also maintain a release schedule for all HDF5 versions in the README on Github. As always, feel free to post on the forum with any questions.