Release of HDF5 1.13.3 (Newsletter #188)
We are very pleased to announce the release of HDF5 1.13.3, which can now be obtained from the HDF5 Download page.
Information about this release can be found on the Support Portal as follows:
HDF5 1.13.3 offers the new features and changes:
- A new feature is introduced in this release, multi dataset I/O operation. For this, a number of new APIs were added to the C library and the Fortran wrappers. VOL callbacks for dataset I/O were also updated to support this new feature. Please refer to the Release Notes for details.
- A new CMake configuration variable is added,
HDF5_USE_GNU_DIRS(default OFF), to select the use of the GNU Coding Standard for the install directory variables by including the CMake module,
GNUInstallDirs(see CMake documentation for details).
- A new Fortran wrapper is added,
H5Dfill_fAPI, which accepts pointers, fill value datatype, and datatype of dataspace elements.
- The Doxygen User Guide documentation is available, in the share/html subdirectory of the HDF5 install directory, when configured and generated.
- Several issues are fixed in this release, including a memory leak, an issue with variable length attributes, an issue with hyperslab selections, and an issue with attribute type conversion with compound datatypes. Please see the Release Notes for details.
- The variable-length datatype handling in JNI has been improved to handle more complex combinations of sub-datatypes.
This release contains other changes that are not listed here. Please be sure to read the Release Notes for a comprehensive list of new features and changes.
Changes that affect maintainers of HDF5-dependent applications are listed on the HDF5 Software Changes from Release to Release page.