Release of HDFView 3.1.2 (Newsletter #176)
HDFView version 3.1.2 is now available from the HDFView Download page at https://www.hdfgroup.org/downloads/hdfview/
The software can also be obtained from the HDFView 3.1.2 page on the HDF Support Portal.
This is a maintenance release with a few changes, including:
- This release was built and tested with HDF5-1.10.7, HDF 4.2.15, and Open JDK 15.
- HDFView was converted to use Java Modules, which provides a smaller footprint.
- The dimensions in a netCDF file are now displayed in the Object Info tab.
- The “Current Working Directory” option can now be specified for the default working directory.
- Committed datatypes can now be used when creating new objects.
- A bug was fixed with creating and using a dataset with an enum datatype.
Please see the release notes for complete details on what is new in this release.
HDFView 3.1.2 is not currently supported on macOS 10.15 and 11.0 due to a notification signing issue. We will provide these binary distributions as they are made available. Please see the HDFView 3.1.2 page for further information on this and other issues.