HDF5 1.10.5 Release (Newsletter #168)
The HDF5 1.10.5 release is now available for download from:
The user documentation and source code (only) can be obtained from the Support Portal:
This release contains several important new features and changes:
- Support for OpenMPI was added. For known problems and issues please see OpenMPI Build Issues.
- To better support OpenMPI, all MPI-1 API calls were replaced by MPI-2 equivalents.
- Support was added for cross compiling with CMake on HPC machines.
- A new option was added to enable/disable using pread/pwrite in place of read/write in the sec2, log, and core VFDs:
- The ability to minimize dataset object headers was added. New APIs (for C, Fortran, and Java) were introduced to support this feature. See:
- New chunk query functions (for C) were added. See:
- The macros for the
H5OvisitAPIs were removed and the
H5Ovisit*1APIs were copied to
H5Ovisit*. As an example,
H5Oget_info1are identical in this release. API compatibility for maintenance releases was broken in HDF5 1.10.3 (and 1.10.4) when these macros were introduced, and this change corrects that.
- To improve performance, the default behavior changed when reading a contiguous dataset collectively in its entirety by all processes.
- Several bugs were fixed, including CVE vulnerability issues, as well as hanging issues with collective metadata reads during chunked dataset I/O, found in netCDF-4.