Release of HDF5-1.8.19 (Newsletter #155)
- Release of HDF5-1.8.19
Release of HDF5-1.8.19
The HDF5-1.8.19 release is now available. It can be obtained from the HDF5 Download page: https://www.hdfgroup.org/downloads/hdf5/
It can also be obtained directly from: https://support.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/release/obtain518.html
HDF5-1.8.19 is a minor release with a few new features and changes. Important changes include:
- Several H5PL (C) APIs were added to manipulate the entries of the plugin path table: H5PLappend, H5PLget, H5PLinsert, H5PLprepend, H5PLremove, H5PLreplace, and H5PLsize.
- H5Dget_chunk_storage_size (C) was added to obtain the storage size of a chunk in the file. This API was specifically added in support of H5DOread_chunk, but may also be useful for other purposes.
- H5DOread_chunk (High Level C) was added to read a raw data chunk directly from a dataset in a file, bypassing HDF5’s internal data transfer pipeline, including filters.
- Numerous C++ APIs were added or modified to better reflect the HDF5 model.
- Support was added for OpenMPI 2.0.1 compiled with GCC 4.9.3.
This release contains many other changes that are not listed here. Please be sure to read the Release Notes for a comprehensive list of new features and changes.
Changes that affect maintainers of HDF5-dependent applications are listed on the HDF5 Software Changes from Release to Release page.