Release of HDFView 3.1.3 (Newsletter #179)
HDFView version 3.1.3 is now available from the HDFView Download page:
The software can also be obtained from the HDFView 3.1.3 page on the HDF Support Portal. As version 3.1.2, this release was built and tested with HDF5-1.10.7, HDF 4.2.15, and OpenJDK 15.
This is a maintenance release with a few changes, including:
- The ability to read and display non-standard floating point numbers.
- The flag startDir is added to command line options.
- The default file search directory was incorrectly set to always use the installation folder. This was fixed to allow a user specified folder.
- The User Properties dialog was fixed to allow the user to set the default search folder.
- The search folder will appear first in the recent files list.
- The default search directory is specified by the system property, user.dir, which is usually the current user location from which HDFView was launched.
New supported platforms include macOS 11.*.
Please see the release notes for complete details on what is new in this release.
July 28, 2021