The HDF Group Helpdesk
- The HDF Group Helpdesk is available to the entire HDF user community,
as a first level of support.
Priority users who send requests to the Helpdesk should identify themselves to ensure preferred support. For example, NCSA users should specify
NCSAin the subject, and provide information about the NCSA account and system in the body of the message.
Examples of issues handled by the helpdesk:
- How to use the software
- Problems compiling and executing an application
- Accessing information from the HDF web pages
- Adding user's application information to the tools web page
- Building the software
- Documentation concerns
- Downloading software
- Java HDF questions
- Really ANY problems/concerns regarding HDF, HDF5, the Java Products, and anything else related to HDF.
For detailed information about the Helpdesk (including response time, hours) see: [ HDF User Support ]
Please note that the HDF Group Helpdesk does not provide free telephone support.
There are two mailing lists described below that users may wish to subscribe to.
news [ subscribe ]
This mailing list is a moderated list used to disseminate news and information regarding HDF.
Periodically, HDF newsletters from the helpdesk are sent to the news mailing list, announcing new releases or issues important to the HDF user community.
hdf-forum [ subscribe ] [ view archive ]
This mailing list is available for users to discuss HDF issues among each other. Users must join to post messages, but can view prior posting archives without subscribing.
Please view the Community Support page for more information and other archives that users can access.
- - Last modified:April 10th 2013