- HDF5 Tools and Software
- HDF5 Tools by Category (view, edit, export, convert, import)
- Table (Summary) of Software Using HDF5
- HDF5 Command-line Tools
HDF5 Tools and Software:
- HDFView: A visual tool for browsing and editing HDF4 and HDF5 files
- HDF5 Command-line Tools: Tools included with the HDF5 distribution
- HDF Java Products: All of the HDF Java Products, including HDFView and HDF Java wrappers
- HDF5DotNet - C++/CLI Wrapper of the HDF5 Library
- H4toH5 Conversion Library and Tools: A library and tools for converting to and from HDF4 and HDF5.
- h5check: A tool to check the validity of an HDF5 file.
- h5edit: A tool for editing an HDF5 file. The current (first) release only supports commands for the creation and deletion of attributes of datasets and groups. More commands will be implemented in the future. This software is sponsored by the JPSS project.
- HDF5 XML Information Page: DTD and tools for using HDF5 with XML.
h5fix_obj_nmsgs: Corrects corrupt object header (rare problem prior to 1.6.6). Search on Miscounted here.
See the Downloads page to access this tool:
HDF5 Tools by Category
Table (Summary) of Software Using HDF5:
This table includes not only HDF5 tools, but also other software known to use HDF5.
Also see short descriptions for many of the applications listed in the above tables.
HDF5 Command-line Tools
Following is a list of the HDF5 command-line tools that are available on most platforms supported with HDF5. These utilities are automatically built when building HDF5, and come with the pre-compiled binary distribution of HDF5. They can also be downloaded separately.
- gif2h5/h52gif - Converts to/from GIF file and HDF5.
- h5cc, h5fc, h5c++ - Simplifies compiling an HDF5 application. [ Also see FAQ ]
- h5debug - Debugs an existing HDF5 file at a low level.
- h5diff - Compares two HDF5 files and reports the differences.
- h5dump - Enables the user to examine the contents of an HDF5 file and dump those contents to an ASCII file.
- h5import - Imports ASCII or binary data into HDF5.
- h5jam/h5unjam - Add/Remove text to/from User Block at the beginning of an HDF5 file.
- h5ls - Lists selected information about file objects in the specified format.
- h5perf - Measures Parallel HDF5 performance.
- h5redeploy - Updates HDF5 compiler tools' paths after the HDF5 software has been installed in a new location. See h5cc.
- h5repack - Copies an HDF5 file to a new file with or without compression/chunking.
- h5repart - Repartitions a file or family of files.
In HDF5 1.8, there are these additional utilities:
- h5copy - Copies objects to a new HDF5 file
- h5mkgrp - Makes a group in an HDF5 file
- h5perf_serial - Measures HDF5 serial performance.
- h5stat - Displays object and metadata information for an HDF5 file
- - Last modified:October 09th 2012